Last week, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Jai, author of the blog: J. Govan Sewing and Design Studio!!!!! I am super excited, and more than happy to accept! 🙂
These are the rules to the Liebster Award:
1. Answer questions from the blogger who nominated you.
2. Nominate 11 new blogs with 500 followers or less.
3. Post 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Tag your nominees and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated.
1. What/who inspires you?
- I can draw inspiration from almost anywhere, but I get most of my inspiration from nature, color, and my favorite artists/ designers such as Vickie Howell, Cathy Carron, and Wenlan Chia.
2. Where do you like to travel?
- I don’t travel very often, but when I do, I really like visiting big cities like New York City or Washington DC. Although I’ve never been, someday I’d love to visit Spain or Brazil.
3. What does your mate/husband/family do to support your vision?
- My family supports me by always encouraging me and giving me feedback on my projects and ideas.
4. What are your goals for your blog?
- My goal is to express myself and have fun regardless of the number of followers I have.
5. Where are you located? (City, state and/or country)
- I am from the USA.
6. What are some challenges while bringing your vision to life?
- I almost always make mistakes when I am creating. I might misread a pattern, or buy the wrong type of yarn or needles. Instead of viewing these mistakes negatively I try to focus on how I can “turn a mistake into something great!” (I learned that phrase from my first-grade teacher. Shout out to Mrs. Moore!)
7. List some hobbies other than blogging.
- I have so many hobbies. Some of my favorite things to do outside of blogging include (the obvious ones) knitting and crocheting, but I also enjoy reading, art journaling, card-making, and playing my guitar.
8. Do you have fashion/art school experience? From where?
- I have no training whatsoever! Everything I know has been self-taught or has been taught to me by my mom, from books, or YouTube. (A crafter should never underestimate the power of YouTube…)
9. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- In 5 years, I see myself still in school, pursuing a Master’s Degree in something like Accounting or Marketing.
10. How often do you update your blog?
- I try to keep my blog updated at least once a week. I’m not always faithful to that, but I do my best. 🙂
11. What’s the last book that you read?
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
***In my next post, I will reveal which 11 new blogs I have nominated along with my questions for them!****